Saturday, July 9, 2011

CMA 04

Did y’all watch the Country Music Awards last night?  I thought they were great.  Lots of performing; that’s what I like.  I was late to turn it on, though.  When I did, Martina McBride was singing the last line of a song I haven’t heard.  She sang; “I met God’s will on Halloween night, dressed as a bag of leaves.”  Hey, now, that’s what I like about country music.  The lyrics.
    There is none of this, “I saw you had a boyfriend, who looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year.” Like in pop music. 
There are gut level, underbelly, “double suicide drinking songs” like “Whiskey Lullaby.”
    Did you hear Allison Krause talk?  How annoying.  She should just sing.  Like Mel Tillis.
    This reminds me of a story that Mel told on a talk show once.  Seems he noticed flames coming out of the barn, so he ran in to tell his father.  Of course, the more excited he gets, the more he stutters, and a fire is certainly a cause for excitement, so he stood there saying, “th th th th th…!!!!!!!!”  Finally his dad, seeing that whatever Mel had to say was important, yelled,  “Just sing it, Mel!”  So, Mel sang, “Oh, the barn’s on fire” to the tune of Amazing Grace.
    So, back to the CMA’s…
My mouth just hung open when Big & Rich performed their song.  Did you notice that they had a DANCING MIDGET???! 
That ain’t country.
 “He put the bottle to his head and pulled the trigger” is country. 
“She left the suds in the Bucket and the clothes hangin’ on the line,” is country.
    I love “Girls Lie, Too”  Yeah them old gray sweatpants turn us on…We love to see deer heads hangin’ on the wall.  Yep.

I, too, say “Hey y’all and Yee Haw!”

1 comment:

  1. satta king
    play bazaar Allow people to gather and have refreshments for the first 10 or 15 minutes. Get their attention, thank them for coming and discuss your opportunity for about 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete